We were interviewed by our friends over at Wobblies & Wizards again a few weeks back! This time for Zine Thursday discussing our adventure module Solar Sanctuary of the Cannibal Corpse! You can listen to the episode below.
Wednesday, June 15, 2022
Thursday, May 19, 2022
In case you have not been following along, we are currently in the last week for our current Kickstarter campaign to produce "Creature Catalog I"! This is a bestiary for Old-School Essentials featuring and inspired by the art of the talented Evlyn Moreau. At the time of this posting the book will feature at least 46 new monsters, 12 petty gods, clerical orders for those gods AND will be our first hardcover publication. You can check it out here on Kickstarter!
Tuesday, May 10, 2022
We were recently interviewed on Wobblies & Wizards! The interview cover an array for subjects from gaming and game development to records to the influence of David Lynch on our work and a spot light on our current Kickstarter for Creature Collection I Bestiary! You can listen to the interview right here!
As always, thank you for supporting us!
Monday, April 25, 2022
For everyone out there, our adventure, Hidden Hand of the Horla, was recently reviewed on the Wobblies & Wizards podcast. You can listen at the link below!
Thursday, April 21, 2022
While we wait of our latest Kickstarter to be approved (the preview can be found here,) we would like to highlight an interview that our owner and author R.J. Thompson was interviewed by Third Kingdom Games a few weeks back! You can read the full interview here Meet the Publisher: Appendix N Entertainment!
Enjoy, and don't forget to click the "notify me" button on the new Kickstarter so that you know when it launches!
Friday, March 25, 2022
Friday, December 10, 2021
Appendix N Entertainment is currently accepting submissions from authors and hopeful authors of adventure modules written for Old-School Essentials Retro Adventure Game. Contracts will vary by individual but will generally follow these guidlines:
1. Pay and contract to be negotiable dependent upon word/page count, ownership of material, and rights for reprinting.
2. Payment made in USD by check, PayPal or Payoneer.
3. Manuscripts length may vary from the original submission due to layout needs and will be discussed with the author.
4. Manuscripts should include all needed maps or illustrative devices and rough handouts. These can be rough drawings maps and will be reproduced by a professional illustrator or cartographer. If the author wishes to produce their own professional quality maps/handouts/illustrations these will have their own contracts drawn separate from the writing contract.
5. If you don't have a manuscript written, please send a short summary, contact info below.
6. Please look at one of our published adventures to understand the Gateway To Adventure line. We don't use boxed text or text that is designed for the referee to read aloud.
7. Formatting of monsters stat blocks, spells etc. to follow OSE standards. Guidlines can be found right here.
8. Our mission statement of inclusivity in old-school gaming will be discussed upon contact.
9. The rights of unaccepted, rejected or otherwise unused manuscripts will be maintained by the original author.
You can contact us and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title the submission "Gateway To Adventure Submission".
We look forward to your submissions!